Advanced Winch Training
Our RoSPA accredited 2 day Advanced Winch Operator training course, is aimed at operators who may be expected to manage winching operations, or run complex and multi-line pulls themselves.
Courses will usually be run with the equipment that the candidates will be expected to use, and can include hand winches (tirfor or capstan types), vehicle mounted winches (hydraulic, PTO or electric, including fast spool types), or stand alone winches (static or trailer mounted).
All of Beyond Driving's courses are designed to be responsive to the requirements of the clients, and our highly experienced winch instructors will tailor the delivery of the training to the needs of the candidates.
RoSPA accredited Professional Winch Operator (Advanced) course contents:
- Legal framework (HASAWA - PUWER, LOLER, PPE, MHSWR)
- Equipment checks and suitability
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Assessment and design of winching operation
- Rigging safety and stabilisation of winched object/vehicle
- Personnel safety (colleagues, third parties)
- Leading and operating a single line straight pull
- Leading and operating multi-line or angled pulls
Delivery of winching courses:
- 2 day duration (1 day for re-certification purposes)
- Up to 3 operators/instructor day
- Can be undertaken at your own venue (depending upon suitability), or at one of our off-road sites
- From £400/candidate, depending upon venue and machine hire
- RoSPA certification (Lantra certification available in some areas)
For more information about the RoSPA accredited Professional Winch Operator courses, or for Winch Instructor Training courses, please contact us.