Off Road Quad Bike Instructor Training Course
Quad Bike Instructor Training Course
Training to be a Quad Bike instructor isn’t necessarily a complicated process for those who already hold their quad bike qualification and have a teaching or training background, though professional experience operating quad bikes is the main requirement.
If you are looking to become, or to train a member of staff as, a quad bike instructor, then we are here to guide you through the process. We can provide either an in-house quad bike instructor course, with the reports and certification required to ensure that successful candidates can point to a proven track record. For those who wish to be able to provide a nationally recognised qualification, such as the Lantra-Awards Sit-Astride ATV Course, we can help candidates through the process with advice, guidance and training.
For our in-house quad bike instructor course, we would require candidates to have:
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in using the quad bike and all attachments in the required environment
- Excellent communication skills, preferably backed up with experience in training/supervision or assessment
- First Aid qualification (minimum 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work)
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work (preferably a minimum of a level 1 qualification)
We would then provide:
- Lantra-Awards Sit-Astride ATV Operator certification (1 day)
- Basic training skills, such as EDIP, levels of instruction or similar method of training candidates in new skill aquisition (1 day)
- Assessment, fault finding, analysis and remedial action (1 day)
- Session planning, site risk assessment and criteria based training assessment (1 day)
If candidates need to be able to provide a nationally recognised qualification, either as trainer or assessor, then we can provide guidance on the process, which requires similar qualifications, though often with a broader knowledge and experience base:
- 5 years experience with a variety of machines, on a wide variety of terrain
- Quad Bike operator certification from the same awarding body
- First Aid qualification
- H&S qualification
- Teaching qualification (PTTLS or similar)
Candidates are then usually expected to undergo a verification process, and be observed providing training.
We will always work with clients to ensure that candidates’ training is compliant with all legislation and that they hold a qualification relevant to the courses they will be expected to provide. We will also advise clients on the most cost effective method of achieving their aims – the reason customers come back to us is because we are efficient and effective.
If you, or one of your staff is in need of a Quad Bike Instructor Training course, please contact us: