Devon & Cornwall 4×4 Off Road Training
Off-Road Training for 4×4 & ATV Drivers and Quad Bike Riders in the South West
Through our colleagues at 4×4 Training Devon, we provide Lantra certified Off-Road Training courses for 4×4 drivers in the South West. Lantra certification is recommended by the HSE and is recognised by government, industry and landowners, so is ideal for contractors working on heritage or protected sites, major building projects and local government land.
As always with our training – the driving courses we offer are run by fully qualified DSA Approved Driving Instructors and accredited by LANTRA (for the off-road courses) or Beyond Driving (for the on-road defensive driving and vehicle handling courses).
- LANTRA Professional Off-Road 4×4 Driving
- On-Road 4×4 Defensive Driving and Handling courses
- LANTRA & DSA Trailer Handling
- LANTRA Winching Health & Safety and Recovery for 4×4 operators
- LANTRA ATV, Quad bike and Argo Cat training
Along with the Lantra off-road driving courses, we are also able to provide RoSPA 4×4 and ATV certification in Devon and throughout the South West.
The courses include the following elements to ensure both the employers’ and employees’ duties under H&S legislation and PUWER are covered in full:
- comply with legal requirements with an emphasis on Safe Practice
- identify the risks associated with the vehicle
- select and use appropriate P.P.E.
- understand the main causes of accidents
- identify the controls and components
- understand the function of all instruments
- carry out daily checks as indicated in the Operator’s Manual
- carry out appropriate pre-start checks
- identify and report any faults
- start up and drive over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- carry out a ‘Failed Hill’ climb (full off-road course only)
- carry out a Risk Assessment and plan the route
- operate the Sit-astride ATV safely on a variety of slopes and terrain (full course only)
- identify loading/towing capacities
- drive with loads and trailed equipment (where applicable to ATVs)
- load and secure for transport on the road (if appropriate)
- understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on the public road
- identify track profile and weight transfer
- load and unload machine from trailer/lorry
We will always adapt the course to your requirements and those of your operators. As we tend to run the training with your machines or vehicles, this means that we can cover their specific capabilities and limitations, as well as those of the equipment you may load onto them and any trailed equipment you require. From rough terrain access to winter gritting and snowplough use, we have trained operators on mountains and in car parks, with candidates from agricultural backgrounds to academics, for self-employed contractors to government organisations.
Costs for us to train at your workplace start from £300/day, with certification costs of £35/candidate. If you have specific requirements for the training, large numbers of candidates, or require machine or venue hire, please contact us to discuss options.
We provide training to a variety of customers across the UK, if there is any information you need, or if you would like us to design a training proposal for you, just get in touch: