Sit-In ATV Training
Our RoSPA Sit-In ATV training course sets the industry standard for certificating professional drivers of side by side utility terrain vehicles (UTV) such as the Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, John Deere Gator and the Kubota RTV among others. Quad Bike training is a separate course and can be found here.
Training up to 3 operators per day, the RoSPA certification is by far the most cost efficient option to ensure that your drivers understand the machine, it’s maintenance and it’s capabilities and limitations.
As expected from a RoSPA approved course designed around HSE guidance, our training has been recognised as being of the highest quality by local and national government, the construction and engineering industries, agriculture, estate management, the emergency services and the military. We do understand that some organisations require specific training courses and assessments to be undertaken, and as such we can provide the Lantra Awards Sit-In ATV training, and can tailor courses in preparation for City and Guilds (NPTC) assessments.
We feel that our training and experience is both extensive and detailed, but above all, practical and pragmatic. We work with your requirements, to ensure that your employees are fully prepared to use their machines in the way they will be required to on a day to day basis.
The RoSPA Sit-In ATV course covers:
- Legal framework and Health and Safety
- Machine knowledge and suitability assessment
- Pre-start checks
- Safe procedures and observations
- Safe operations on level ground
- Techniques for rough terrain
- Ascending and descending hills safely
- Carrying loads
- Attachments (including operation of the machine when fitted with snowploughs, sprayers etc)
- Trailed equipment (gritters/spreaders, trailers etc)
ATV course delivery:
- 1 day duration
- Up to 3 operators/instructor day
- Can be undertaken at your own venue (depending upon suitability), or at one of our off-road sites
- From £200/candidate, depending upon venue and machine hire
- RoSPA certification (Lantra certification available in some areas)
For more information about the RoSPA Sit-In ATV course, or for ATV Instructor Training Courses, please contact us.